Xfinity.com/authorize – Enter code to activate modem
www.xfinity.com/authorize – To activate an Xfinity Gateway go to its official website that is xfinity authorize and Explore best deals online for Internet, Video and Mobile services. Enjoy entertainment, stay connected, and get the service you need online.
How to activate xfinity router from xfinity.com/authorize?
- Place your gateway or modem
- Connect Your Gateway
- Wait for Your Gateway or Modem to be Ready
- Gateway or modem may take up to 10 minutes to be ready to activate.
- Establish a Temporary Internet Connection
- Connect through WiFi
- Look for the Network Name (SSID) and Password printed on the side, back or bottom of your Gateway or modem.
- The name may look like Home-XXXX or XFSETUP-XXXX.
- Go to the WiFi settings on your WiFi-enabled device and select the Network Name from the list of available networks.
- Enter the password when prompted.
- If you’re prompted to enter a PIN instead of a password, click the Connect Using a Security Key link to enter the password in the Security Key field.
- Activate Your Gateway or Modem
- Open a web browser and go to xfinity.com/authorize
- Follow the onscreen prompts to begin activation. You will need your account info if you have not yet setup a username & password.
- Connect to Your Home Network
- After activation, connect your devices to your WiFi name and password for your home network, if your Gateway or modem supports a wireless connection.
For Different Gateway or Third-Party Modem/Router
To activate an Xfinity/authorize Gateway or outsider modem/switch approved for Xfinity.com / authorize administration: these techniques pertain for both Xfinity.com/authorize hardware and prescribed outsider equipment. We recommend that you furthermore advise course management of your maker’s eligibility.
Steps for Xfinity Self-Activation
Note: Since Xfinity/Comcast has updated their portal, screenshots do not match but process and steps are very similar. Newer portal is completely black in color and much faster.
Step-1: Once the modem is online, open the web browser on your laptop and enter following address: https://xfinity.com/activate or xfinity.com/authorize.
Step-2: Enter Comcast XFINITY account Number and Phone number associated. If you have username/password, you can just simply login with your credentials(skip step-3).
Step-3: you will be asked to create a new username, passwords and service address info.
Step-4: Click continue/next and it will run some remote tests on modem and present with connection established screen
Step-5: Click Continue and it may again reboot your modem and modem will come online again. Wait for “online” LED to be solid Green. you will get a final screen showing activation is complete.
After this, modem is activated and you browse internet through your new purchased modem. In case, it fails, try it once more. We have seen it failing in some instances. If it fails multiple times, you will have to call Comcast.